Wednesday, November 14, 2007

PHOTO: Vintage 1960's UNIVERSIAL MONSTERS Soaky Bubble Bath Bottles


In the early 1960's the Colgate Palmolive Company came up with the idea to put children's bubble bath in plastic bottles shaped like favorite cartoon characters. They made quite a bit of them & I have collected them for years. I'm not sure why I started to collect them but I bet it's because I loved them as a child. At my grandmother's house she still has the Mr. Magoo one that I used to play with. They have done many characters including, Felix The Cat, Superman, Tweety Bird, Mickey Mouse, & even the Beatles. I have about 65 of them that I will share later but right now I wanted to focus on these four, The Universial Monsters. This complete set of 4 bottles are quite RARE. They made Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, & The Creature From The Lost Lagoon! The Creature Soaky, in this picture above, is shown with it's original "packaging", a RARE cardboard sleeve that it fit into.

3 comments:

Max the drunken severed head said...

This photo originally comes from "The Gallery of Monster Toys". Visit the site-- it has tons of great photos and info on vintage monster toys, and is run by my friend Raymond Castile.

Check it out!
www.thegalleryofmonstertoys.com/

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind but I linked to your post and 'borrowed' the photo. Great blog by the way!

Max the drunken severed head said...

Hi Cavan--

Don't mind a bit-- and thanks for the compliment! I like your blog as well.

I can't find the link to my blog that you mentioned, but I'm glad you found my blog.